Monday, March 19, 2012

Last year's Kumite Fitness Champion Aubrey Worek is coming back for more gold. Once again, the Pittsburgh native is training for the annual Memorial Day extravaganza and says she's got a whole new routine this season. As a Top 10 Finalist at Fitness America and Fitness Universe, Aubrey says her competitiveness transcends all aspects of her life. She explains, "I feel that every time I step on stage, I am a winner. I believe in myself and strive to be a true inspiration to all women who dream big and desire to achieve more. I feel that my hard-work and determination have brought me so far; however, I have not done this alone. The moment I step on stage, I know I have won – I have done my best, and really, that’s all that matters to me!" Aubrey has her B.S. in Exercise Science with Minors in both Dance and Gerontology from Slippery Rock University. She is the President and founder of Wellness Solutions at Work, a corporate wellness company that implements work site wellness/fitness programs for large employer groups. Aubrey says, "I strive to improve the health and well-being of the employee population in order to increase work productivity, decrease their amount of sick days and lower their overall health care costs." "I have earned many health and fitness certifications with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). And, I have a diverse background in teaching group fitness classes, such as BodyPump, BodyCombat, Spinning, Zumba and YogaFit." Fitness is truly my passion and I have made it a successful career!" But Aubrey's real ambitions is to help other women with the physical challenges. "One of my main goals in life is to help empower women of all shapes, sizes, races and ages to build their confidence and reach their fitness goals. Personally, Aubrey says she wants to maintain healthy relationships with her supportive husband and loving family and friends. And, no doubt they will all be at the Kumite Fitness Championships cheer her on, hopefully to another 1st Place performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment