Saturday, March 15, 2014

From discouragement to digging deep, Stephanie Sschmid focuses on putting energy into others. The 22 year old personal trainer is from South Windsor, CT and studies Nutrition and Dietetics full-time.
“I started competing in 2011 with Fitness America. I placed first in the figure short division and was hooked there after. I continued competing locally as well as in Miami. I have been striving for my Pro status for sometime and almost came close last year at Fitness New England; placing first once again. It has been a struggle for me to say the least, and sometimes discouraging. I came to realize that this journey isn’t about obtaining a “PRO” title, or a plastic trophy… but instead reflecting on the confidence, self respect, dignity, strength, power, and friendships I have gained over these last four years.
I wouldn’t be where I am today if I had never taken the stage. It has given me the ability to succeed in all areas of my life. A lot of people don’t understand why we take the stage or why we train so hard every day..but that’s okay. I do it for me. I love pushing my body to new limits and watching my physique change over the years. Building a physique is something that needs to be worked at every single day. To me, having a strong work ethic in the gym represents a person who is strong in all aspects of their life. Lifting and living a healthy lifestyle is my meditation, my drug, my release; It drives me to be a better person every single day. It’s my WHY.
As of now, I am unsure as to when my next show will be, but when I do compete again I will make sure I bring the best package to the stage. Right now, I am focusing on my clients, building a better physique, and graudating in December my degree in Nutrition and Dietetics.”

No comments:

Post a Comment