Tuesday, April 3, 2012


As an athlete her whole life, Morgan Swinburne has taken her experience and applied it as a personal trainer for the past 10 years. And, now the 29 year old EMT, firefighter and ocean lifeguard is taking her athletic prowess to Fitness New England - Figure Division later this month at Foxwoods.

Morgan explains, "I have gained knowledge and skills to help people gain strength and endurance, and improve their overall health. I have worked with a wide range of clients from athletes to seniors. Currently I also teach a Healthline running and strength class that helps participants train for and run in 5 and 10k events locally. Helping others reach fitness goals is my passion. I want to make a positive difference in people's lives."

"I am no stranger to real life struggles with fitness. I was an overweight child through middle school until I was able to work with a trainer through my swim team. She put me on the right path and I was able to become an all state swimmer and record holder throughout my high school and United states swimming career. I went on to swim Division I at University of Hawaii. Two knee surgeries put a stop to my college swimming career but I never stopped spending time in the gym. Years later I became pregnant with my little girl and I gained 85 pounds. After giving birth I was determined to get back my athletic body so I set a goal. A year and a half later I lost the 85 lbs and I competed in my first figure competition."

No comments:

Post a Comment