Sunday, March 10, 2013

Like a lot of ladies who compete, Figure Universe Pros, Danielle Duran started training after being nudged into it. For her, it fitness was something new and coming from an unathletic background, it has become a life changing experience.

"I got into fitness shortly after my son was born," Daniel explains. "At 31 years old, at that time I realized that I was living my life for more than just myself and I started thinking about how important it was to take a different direction as far as health and fitness was concerned. Six weeks after my son was born, I started working out on a regular basis which mostly consisted of high intensity, cardio training. It was amazing to see how quickly my body responded to the consistent workouts. I got pretty lean quickly. As I got leaner, I became interested in learning how to build some muscle. Genetically I have always had big legs and as I got leaner I started to notice the lack of muscularity in my upper body and wanted to learn how to balance my physique. That’s when I started to pick up the weights."

"I became completely in love with weight-training and have continued to learn and improve for the past 3 years. I have competed in 4 shows. My first was the '10 Ms. Bikini America which was a huge eye-opener for me as I stood next to so many amazing competitors. It helped me realize what I needed to do in order to compete at the level that the organization brings. After that, I turned my training up several notches and worked my way towards the '11 Fitness New Mexico. My hard work paid off and I placed 1st in Figure New Mexico – Tall Division! I continued to work really hard throughout the summer and fall which lead me toward a Top 5 placing at '11 Figure America in November. As I stood next to all the strong, beautiful, fit ladies on that stage, I knew I needed to train harder and stronger. It was my goal to be a class champ at my next competition. I worked extremely hard and with much more focus as I prepared for '12 Figure Universe. I came into the show knowing that I did my best and was beyond excited and honored when I was announced as Figure Universe Champion - Medium Class and one of the first Figure Universe Pros!"

"Aside from the competition awards, I am grateful for all that I have accomplished through health and fitness. As a mom with a full-time career, I have had the opportunity to inspire others that have the same busy life that I do. They see how I am able to balance my time and can see that it is possible to be fit and healthy no matter what. My fiancĂ© and I also grateful that we can teach our children about nutrition and inspire them to be active and healthy. Our kids are the most important people in our lives and what we are able to help them understand and learn at such a young age is priceless – which is knowledge!"

"Now, I am continuing to train hard with my fiancé, Travis Rogers (Model Universe Competitor) and I am starting to teach myself more about fitness and nutrition along with learning my own body and how it responds to certain foods and training techniques. Travis and I are getting married in April so I will be making my Pro debut at the Figure America in Las Vegas. Until then, I will continue to work as hard as I can and learn as much as possible so I can bring an improved physique to the stage in November."

No comments:

Post a Comment