Sunday, March 10, 2013

As a professional dancer and veteran Fitness Universe competitor, Desiree Nathanson is a seasoned performer on stage. But even more keen is her strength training in preparation for competiton. Desiree says, "Even though the Universe is 4 months away, it's never too early to start building strength and endurance for my routine! Since my strength is as a dancer and the only "tumbling" that I can remotely attempt is a cartwheel (maybe a somersault too), I am working on beefing up my strength moves repertoire for this year's FU. I already incorporate a lot of upper body strengthening exercises into my training program so I thought a more advanced yoga class would help me with conquering the strength moves I have not been able to master in the past. I am already feeling an increase in upper body strength, now I just have to overcome my fear of standing on my hands!" Desiree will be vying for one of the three Fitness Universe competitors for Pro status. And, with her strength training and athletic performance skills, she will be a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment