Saturday, May 3, 2014

With the spring season comes a plethora of amazing new talent who are breaching the veil of comfort gym training on to the public stage. Alyson Webster has been a dedicated fitness athlete for many years. Athletics have always been a part of her life. Alyson attended Merrimack College on a scholarship to play Division II field hockey and graduated with a degree in Business Marketing. She says, “From the day I set foot in the gym, I was hooked. I set goals and finish them with a bang!”
Alyson participates in road races, obstacles courses and completed her first half marathon last summer. But last summer, she decided to strive for even loftier fitness goals and attended her first bodybuilding competition as a spectator and supporter of a good friend. “I knew at that moment I was going to be on stage one day.” Interestingly, Alyson also follows the examples set by her mother and aunt who competed in fitness competitions years ago. “Looking back, I realize I had spent a great deal of my life helping others improve their lives and spent little time and energy pursuing my own dreams.
So, next month, Alyson will take to the stage at Fitness New England to compete in her first competition participating in both the Model and Ms. Bikini™ divisions. “I am determined to show everyone that anything is possible, but I know these goals will be hard and will take determination.”

No comments:

Post a Comment